Ironically, this weeks post comes at an appropriate time for me. I’m exhausted.
I recently started a new job and the learning curve has been nothing short of steep. I love what I do, but it’s mentally tough: new role, new industry, new culture and of course, new people. I wouldn’t change it for the world, but I’m exhausted most evenings, much to the detriment of my social life and any hope of a consistent gym routine.
Hence why I created these energy clusters: they’re great for a quick carb hit, with some good fats, fiber and protein thrown in too. Try them out and let me know how you go!
Ingredients (8 pieces)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon 2% (semi-skimmed) milk
1/2 bar dark chocolate
3oz quick 1 minute oats
(Cacao Powder not used, pic taken before I begun cooking)
- Heat peanut butter, milk, and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat: 3 minutes or until chocolate melts
- Stir in oats and remove from heat onto wax paper
- Flatten out using rolling pin until 1 cm thick
- Slice into squares (in my case clusters)
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving
As always, pushing for health.