Hot off a personal record in the gym last night (a 195lb squat for 3 reps), I decided to reward myself by baking ! As a lover of all things cinnamon and muffins, combining them was an obvious choice! A quick Pinterest search and I found my project! This was possibly the easiest and quickest recipe I’ve ever baked, so props to Allison from somethewiser.com.
The only ingredient I changed was the flour. Hasty in my grocery store dash, I forgot to pick up flour! Using what little I had indoors (1/2 a cup), I improvised the rest by grounding my oats. It worked well; adding a little more earthiness to the texture (if that makes any sense).
But seriously, these bad boys will not disappoint. I even saved some of the batter and frosting to bake two more this morning, so I could devour them with my morning eggs…. BLISS.
Batter (Dry Ingredients)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
Batter (Wet Ingredients)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (+ more as needed)
Topping and Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- dash of vanilla
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, stirring only until just combined.
- Combine all the topping/filling ingredients. Gently fold half of the mixture into the muffin batter.
Spoon the muffin batter into each muffin tin – halfway. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then transfer carefully to a wire rack.
- Whisk together all of the frosting ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the muffins and enjoy every single delicious bite.
If you try these out, you won’t be short of friends.. Real Facts!
As always, pushing for health 🙂