Folks!! This week we switch lanes from molecular biology to baking! I am paying homage to the savior of Fall, pumpkin, with my delicious choc-chip pumpkin muffin recipe. Thank me later.
Without a doubt, pumpkin is my favorite thing about the Fall… Pies, cookies, heck they even have pumpkin hummus recipes on Pinterest.
Last month I made a batch of these muffins, using a recipe from Apple of my Eye . This month, I decided to tweak it (making it non-Vegan and using different sugars and spices). Both are delicious options.
Fresh out the oven is best, but they make for a great breakfast muffin or an afternoon snack. Don’t leave them lying around, chances are, you will come back to an empty tray.
1¾ cup flour
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp vanilla
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice in a bowl
- Add pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, egg and chocolate chips. Mix well
- Line a muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full. Top with walnuts or your choice of nuts
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, insert a toothpick to ensure mixture is dry, drizzle with honey or maple syrup 🙂