These Raw Vegan Brownie Bites will fix any sweet tooth and do it without the transfats found in the grocery store equivalents.
They pack a nutritious punch too, Dates for instance, are high in fiber, anti-inflammatory and contain calcium, manganese and copper.
24-30 balls or 10 decently large squares (my preferred choice).
2 cups walnuts
2/3 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup raw cacao (or regular cocoa) powder
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
A pinch of sea salt
Prep time: 20 mins
1. Process the walnuts in a food processor for 30 seconds then add the cacao nibs, sea salt, and cacao powder and blend for a further 30 seconds or until a crumb like mixture forms
2. Add the dates and process for another 30 seconds. By now, the mixture should be sticking together otherwise carry on until its possible to squeeze a piece
3. Scoop out the dough and place mixture onto parchment paper. Then using a spatula, flatten it out (1/2 inch depth is fine) and cut into squares that are 2×2 inches in size. Alternatively you can shape the dough into small bite size balls
4. Sprinkle with shredded coconut for that final touch
5. Store in the fridge for 30 minutes and demolish (feel free to share with friends, or not)